Earn Money Online; 10 Best Ways to Earn Money Without Investment
India is amidst inflation, prices keep increasing constantly after every year. So far, there have been many steps taken, yet nothing has been effective in curbing the inflation. Daily use products, food, traveling, and other expenses are more expensive than they were yesterday. And the sources to earn money are very limited.
In such circumstances, teenagers are already finding it difficult to manage their expenses with the little pocket money they get. Even the adults who have a regular job find it difficult to survive with their wages. And, for most of us who are living an independent life- asking your parents for financial support isn’t an option.
Then, how to manage yourself amidst inflation with the insufficient salaries and pocket money? The answer is quite difficult- even you get a way to earn some extra cash, people find it hard to dedicate the required time. Teenagers can do it, but, the risk of studies being affected is always around.
So, what should you do?
The Internet, as it turned into a commercial industry, an infinite number of opportunities emerged for people looking to earn money and fill their pocket with cash.
What are the options?
Here are few legit ways on the internet that you can explore to earn money, and you won’t need a single penny as investment. Just the right amount of curiosity and the unquenchable desire to do something exciting will escort you to success.
1.Create a YouTube Channel
YouTube has become one of the most popular and easiest sources to earn money. If you have the right equipment; even a smartphone with a good camera along with some editing skills, you’re good to rock and roll. YouTube has been the popular source of income for people from almost every corner of the world. These days, every third person is a Youtuber with his own Youtube account. Once you get on Youtube, if you’ve some patience and the right content idea- you can easily earn money, and the amount is huge.
Things aren’t easy at it looks. You won’t start earning from Youtube with the blink of an eye! You have to put some efforts into the task.
Things which you’ll have to do to achieve success with Youtube channel.
- Find out what people really like watching these days. The idea is to create content that is currently popular. This way, you don’t have to do too much of promotions and marketing of your channel to get views.
- Promote your work religiously. Promote your Youtube channel on various social media platforms like it’s do or die. Send messages on Whatsapp, send personal messages to your friends on Facebook, create a page and promote it religiously.
- Choose your niche properly. The same applies to blogging as well. Choosing your niche makes it easier for you to find out content easily, and it makes the entire journey more enjoyable.
- Use Google webmaster tools or any other tool that gives you features like keyword research. Find out the trending keywords related to your niche, and use them properly in the title and description of your video.
- To be more successful, decide your targeted location and your audience. Use Google Analytics to find out the time when your audience is most active, and schedule your uploaded videos accordingly. People on social media, be it blogging or YouTube, they upload content on their respective places on a specific time. Follow people in your industry, join forums to ask questions and find out answers.
Things you should never do
- Read the privacy, copyright, and other rules that can cause trouble for you and get your account suspended.
- Don’t copy other’s content. Create your own content as much as possible and be unique. People prefer unique content more.
I recall my friend from my previous office. He belonged to Nigeria and came to India for his studies. Won’t tell you much, but, he used to give it all and earn a lot of cash, even more than what he used to earn from a regular job. Thanks to Youtube, he was able to fund his studies and his stay in India for 4 years. But, the journey wasn’t easy at all, even for him. At last, I would only say, his hard work and dedication paid off. He now lives in Nigeria and owns more than 8 Youtube channels, and he is earning a handsome amount from Youtube.
Let’s take a glance at the YouTube statistics that will help you understand the whole arrangement better.
- YouTube has over a billion users across the globe, accounting for 1/3rd of the entire internet.
- YouTube is localized in 88 different countries and can be accessed in 76 different languages, covering 95% of the world’s entire Internet.
How does this Adsense arrangement work?
Okay, I assume most of you know about Adsense already, as more than half of the world’s youth is on Youtube. But, for the newcomers, I will briefly tell you about the arrangement.
As you can see and understand the given statistics above, Youtube is quite popular as a platform. A billion people visit Youtube daily, which means two billion eyes and one billion consumers. So, this makes it clear, the advertisers, basically the products brands and companies pay Google or Youtube, whichever you’re comfortable with, to advertise their product on Youtube. Now, Google/Youtube team places the ads along side your content (content of popular users), and in return, Youtube pays the user their share of the revenue generated from the ad. The whole process and the policy are known as Google Adsense policy. Read more about it here- Google Adsense.
Read the Youtube Policy to know what is the distribution of revenue in between Youtube and partner.
The statistics speak a lot for themselves already, but it’s true that Youtube has emerged as the best way to successfully earn money.
Few good things about Youtube:-
- Anyone can create an account and start earning. Everything, from setting up an account to uploading content, and the entire process to earn money is free. All you need is the internet connection for which you’ve to pay. Even that isn’t a problem any longer if you’re an Indian, thank Mr. Mukesh Ambani for Jio internet.
- Youtube is not just a platform to earn money, you also get popular on Youtube simultaneously. I’m sure no one hates to be popular :p
- The platform opens doors to new possibilities. Most of the youth in India who aspire to be an actor, singer, a comedian, or even a dancer for that matter; they use Youtube as a display for their work.
- Everything gets a fair share of attention on Youtube unless it’s seriously boring.
- Based on your popularity, you can even earn offers from big companies from industries related to your niche.
- Last but not the least, if your aim is to earn money only, Youtube is far better as an alternative of corporate job/regular job. I have seen people who even earn equal to their annual wages monthly.
The road less taken:
Other than the Youtube/Google AdSense program, there is one more way to earn money on YouTube platform. Not many people like the idea, yet, this one is better. Product endorsement. In many YouTube channels, you’ll find that there are no Google ads, yet the channels earn quite a lot using Youtube. It’s not directly on Youtube, but it’s because of it.
Some popular media houses or their channels on Youtube endorse products in their product for which they charge quite a lot. It’s due to the wide popularity of the owner, or the quality of the content. Also, there are people who own channels on Youtube and they make short-films which are sponsored by even bigger brands.
The benefit of using this way? You get all the revenue directly. And the income is much higher.
What do you need to do for this alternative?
- Create content that people would like to invest on. Or, if you have a great idea, approach people who you assume would like to invest in your idea. It’s a complete business.
- Achieve popularity using your channel, and then approach investors related to your niche to invest in you. Generally, the investors would like to spend only if your fans religiously follow you and what you endorse.
2. Start Blogging
Blogging is a more serious process, but the earning through blogging depends on the same process as that of Youtube. Though there’s another way which we will discuss later in the article.
So, blogging is basically for those who are passionate about writing. Moreover, not everyone likes the idea of Youtube, maybe due to the lack of interest, skills, or their calling towards writing.
In my personal opinion, blogging is a better and long-lasting way.
So, why does it work?
We will tell you the entire process, but before that, some facts you must know.
According to the International Telecom Union, as of June 2017, 51 percent of the global population was using the internet daily.
In another way, 3.2 billion people visit the internet daily. That’s a hell lot of people visiting the internet! So, Google, being the most popular search engine in the world, receives 40000 search queries every second. According to Google search statistics, 3.5 billion search queries every day and 1.2 trillion searches every year worldwide.
According to an infographic by WPVirtuso, there are around 152 million blogs on the internet worldwide.
According to another source Statista, the total number of blogs on the internet was around 173 million in 2011.
Though it’s not possible for anyone to find out and report the exact number of blogs on the internet, yet, the assumptions by the two sources are quite reasonable.
Now, how this actually works?
As said above, Google handles 40, 000 search queries every second, which translates to 40, 000 people globally, looking to find answers for their questions. Now, Google is a search engine which finds out the most relevant, and most descriptive content on the internet relating to the query/keyword.
So, the entire blog depends on what the user is searching, and the probability of your content is on the top of the search result depends on how well you’ve written it. Now, Google is a very grateful physical entity which appreciates the efforts of the people who helped them to satisfy the user’s search query. It is similarly like your mom gives you chocolate when you help them with groceries and other household work.
How does Google pay bloggers?
It’s not that difficult to understand, but it happens in a systematic way.
- You write blogs to result on the first page of Google for any users query, relating to the keyword. And you continue the good work.ay.
- Thanks to your good work, you rank on top or on the first page of every search query because of which people visit your website/blog very often like guests in India do.
- Your blog receives huge footfall on daily basis, and they become your fan/audience. You become popular and Google finds that out.
- Now, Google has a link with big brands and companies all over the world who pay Google to promote their product/ product related content.
- Google knows people like reading what you write, so, what it does is- they place the ads on your blog/website to grab the reader’s attention and promote the product.
- Now, as you own the website, they pay you your share for your efforts and good work. And I can assure you, just like Youtube, even blogging has the same advantages and higher revenue possibility.
How do you start?
The process is very simple,
- Create your blog
- Keep on writing and promoting your website like it’s your last night.
- Apply for Google Adsense
- Keep faith in God, and keep on working. It takes time, and it’s going to work
What are the things you shouldn’t do?
- Don’t use black hat techniques to gain traffic. Google hates that.
- Don’t violate the Adsense terms and policies.
- Don’t copy others content, you might get penalized by the strict Google algorithms.
Some Popular Blogging Platforms:-
The road less taken:
Similarly like Youtube, you can independently approach the investors and advertisers to promote their product on their platform and pay you directly for the endorsement. This is very tough, yet, more fruitful.
3. Create a Facebook page
I’m sure everyone on the internet knows about the Facebook page. The Idea is quite popular and these days every individual/company has its own Facebook page where they promote themselves and their products constantly.
Now, how can you earn from a Facebook page?
The process is simple, but before that, you must know the different ways how Facebook pages are used.
- Facebook pages are used to direct traffic from their Facebook pages to their Blogging or Product website. In either way, they earn money by selling products or Google Adsense.
- Popular Facebook pages which have a considerable number of likes, followers, and a regular level of activity by the followers are often a great choice for the advertisers to get their products endorsed, or their content promoted by the admins. If you think your page qualifies the parameters, you can approach them on your own.
- They basically act as influencers with their followers, and people who get their content promoted through these pages, pay the owner of the page.
My Facebook news feed is full of sponsored videos and content thumbnails that direct me to their parent website.
Current updates from Facebook that let you earn from it.
a. Facebook Video Monetization
Facebook offers video monetization through their Audience Network service, which places ads from advertisers onto third party websites and apps. There’s are some parameters that you need to qualify in order to be eligible for this feature. To read more about this and apply for the same visit the link.
On 23 February 2017; Facebook published an update regarding the Monetization policy and said,
“We want to help our partners monetize their premium video content, both on Facebook and on their own websites and apps. Today we are sharing three updates about video monetization on Facebook and through Audience Network:
- All eligible publishers can now earn money from in-stream video ads on their own websites and apps through Audience Network.
- On Facebook, we’re expanding our beta test of Ad Breaks in Facebook Live to additional profiles and Pages in the U.S.
- We have started testing Ad Breaks in an on-demand video on Facebook with a small number of partners.”
Adding more about its Audience Network In-stream video ads Facebook said,
“Audience Network is a service that places ads from Facebook’s advertisers onto third-party websites and apps. In May we announced an Audience Network test of in-stream video ads, and today we’re making the in-stream video available to all eligible Audience Network publishers who have available inventory. Now, publishers can bring relevant video ads to people all over the world, on both mobile and desktop.”
How does this work?
The process is simple, you apply for the program and Facebook verifies you and your page. After Facebook finds you eligible, you can upload video content, and follow the procedure to incorporate ads, you can earn money.
What happens with your content?
Everything remains the same. However, the ads appear in between your content as an ad break. They’re not possible to skip too.
2.Facebook Instant Article
Facebook Instant article is for all the publisher worldwide. Publisher of any type, from anywhere in the world can access the feature. Though people from the media industry are not happy about it, yet it makes easier for everyone to publish eye catching articles on Facebook.
A little more about Instant articles
- Facebook gives the 100 percent add revenue to the publisher if they sell the ads. However, Facebook will take 30 percent of the revenue if the ads are sold via Facebook.
- The publisher has complete control over their content. they can also use the same content on their usual websites along with publishing on Facebook Instant articles. NO, the ad revenue remains unchanged.
- The audience gets better reading experience as Facebook instant articles get the royal treatment as deserved.
- Technical reasons for the popularity of Instant Articles.
On an average, the article links uploaded on Facebook takes 8 seconds to load, and Facebook Instant articles load faster than that. This is working out so well because more and more reader on the internet is growing impatient. If the link doesn’t load quickly, they might skip and move ahead.
To know more about Facebook Instant Articles
4. Start Skill based Freelancing
Freelancing is one of the most popular ways to trade your skills to earn money. What you do is approach people in the market who are looking for people with skills that you possess. Freelancing gives you the freedom to work according to your own convenience- from your home or your personal office. You are not committed to any company, and you can work for multiple clients at the same time.
What all can you trade as a skill? Check out the link by Upwork. This link has all the categories that you can trade as a skill on Upwork. The categories on almost all platforms are similar.
Things to keep in mind before starting with freelancing
- Trade only your professional skills like writing, teaching, web designing, Computer languages, web development, or any other thing which you’re completely trained at.
- Things are going to be tough, the competition is high! So, either you have to make loyal customers for better survival.
- You must be aware of the pricing and other fundamentals.
- Make sure you don’t get tricked. Take precautions beforehand.
Where can you start?
- Freelancer: Freelancer is an online platform where you can signup and starts trading your skills. To know how it works click here.
- Upwork: Upwork is also an online platform that allows you to trade your skills with people to earn money.
- Content Mart: Content Mart also allows you to barter with your skills and earn money in return.
2. Facebook Pages/Groups
Facebook is the social search engine these days. There’s nothing you won’t find on Facebook, given the scenario- you use the right keywords. So, just like Freelancing platforms, there are Facebook groups and pages that cater a platform for all the Freelancers to connect with each other and conduct business. If you are on Facebook, all you have to do is use the right keyword and search for it.
5. Sell Photos Online
For people who are into photography, you can cash in some bucks using your skills. There are platforms online which buy photos from people and pay really well.
Where to start?
There are many platforms which you have to explore on the internet. Yet, below I am naming two of the biggest and most popular platforms.
Now, all you have to do is: go online, signup, and start selling your photos after the verification.
6. Write and Sell Your Ebook
For people with a flair for writing, and who aim to be an author someday; the best option is to write and sell books online. This not only helps you earn money, it helps you continue your passion for writing and adds to your popularity.
Where can you do it?
There are many websites that accept e-books, yet the most popular ones are
Things to keep in mind
- You have to do everything yourself
- Marketing and publishing is your responsibility
The popularity of Audiobooks is constantly increasing. This happens because people are more attracted towards audio-visual medium when it comes to books online.
Things to keep in mind:
Publish your e-book first and then convert the same into an Audio book.
Where to start?
I don’t know many platforms, yet you can always explore the same on Google. In the meantime, you can try Audible.
8. Create apps and promote them
For people who love doing technical things, this might be the best alternative so far. However, you need to have sound knowledge about App-development.
How to start
- Create an app
- Launch them on Apple i-store and Google Play
- Promote them vigorously
- You never know when you get popular
- You might get full-time offers from big companies
9. Develop and sell Educational Courses on Udemy
Professional education videos are very much in demand. People from across the world keep searching for such resources online, and you have the chance to cash in on this opportunity. There are platforms like UDEMY which sell professional educational resources, and the same one buys them too. So, if you got the skill and knowledge, make your own files and sell them.
You can do the same on Youtube and other platforms, but first, you have to find them out.
10. Earn from Online Surveys
Many platforms on the internet allow users to earn money by just completing surveys. People can easily earn $1/ INR 50 by attempting and completing these survey.
Where to start?
Though Google has all the answer and you will get a bulk list of platforms which pay for attempting surveys. However, we are sharing the top 4 names of such platforms.
Summary: There are multiple other alternatives available on the internet. Each one of them is a variation of the ones listed here. We have just simplified and explained the same in brief. Hope you like it. And do share your feedback.
Hope you find the post beneficial. Keep supporting us and follow us for more.